This utility is used to rebuild the index files used by Queries. If you ever get an error when running a Query, this tool is the first thing to try.
MicroBiz backups are highly recommended! Some users have their own utilities for backing up their data, but this utility makes using other applications unnecessary.
To configure MicroBiz backups:
From the Main Menu, choose Management | Custom System Settings | Global Store Settings.
Click on the File Backups tab at the top of the screen.
Choose the backup type from options 1-5.
Select the Backup Directory. This is NOT the directory that will be backed up (this will always be data from the System Files path), but rather the location in which MicroBiz will save your backup data.
- Never do any Backup – This option is only recommended if you have another way of backing up your MicroBiz data files. It is ALWAYS recommended to back up your data!
- Ask me each time after every Close Out – You will be prompted to back up after completing each Close Out (usually every day). You have the option of choosing not to back up each time with this method.
- Automatically after every Close Out – The backup procedure will take place, without prompting, after completing each Close Out.
- Ask me each time before every Close Out – You will be prompted to back up at the beginning of each Close Out (usually every day). You have the option of choosing not to back up each time with this method.
- Automatically before every Close Out –The backup procedure will take place, without prompting, at the beginning of each Close Out.
- This option should be enabled by default on new installations of MicroBiz.
Click on the Save button to exit and save your settings.
You can also perform a backup whenever desired by navigating to this menu and choosing "Back-up now."
It is also highly recommended that an external or off-site copy of backups be updated on a regular basis (i.e. on a CD or flash drive). Performing regular backups helps to ensure that your data is safe!