This article will give you examples of the various invoice types available to you, and even give you the basics of invoice modification.
The VFP Report Designer can be used to manually modify certain invoices from within MicroBiz. Some experience with the Report Designer may be necessary for this procedure.
It is recommended that you back up any invoice forms before AND after making any modifications. MicroBiz Technical Support does not support invoice modifications, and the only assistance available may be restoring the forms to their original state.
The invoice form files are found in your local files path (default is C:\BizWin) with the file extensions of .FRT and .FRX. Not all invoice forms are available for modification. Here is a table of invoice forms that you are able to modify:
Form LaserOne 30521
Form LaserOne 30511
40-col. w/o header
New 40-column with Signature & Barcoded Invoice#
MicroBiz Form 30511 (NEBS 12344)
Yet Another Standard Blank (Prettier!)
|20||Yet Another Standard Blank Service Invoice||JBSRVCE1|
|New Invoice Templates ( v16.2.0 )|
|1||80 Column Invoice Showing Discount Separately||INV80NEW|
|2||80 Column Invoice Showing Net Price||JBINV80NEW|
|3||80 Column Invoice - Service||JBSRVCE1NEW|
|4||40 Column Standard||INV40NEW|
|5||40 Column Service||SERV40A|
To begin modifying an invoice, open the Front Register and type in the SKU Box the following command:
=ZB(" <filename> ") I.E.: For invoice 18 above =ZB("JBINV80")
Customizing your own invoice is not supported by MicroBiz Support and should only be done by an experienced user. If you have issues with your modification our support team will be able to help you restore this back to original file settings. Once you have made a successful modification you can backup your files by making a copy of the FRX and FRT file that you modified. In the above example I would backup the files JBINV80.FRX and JBINV80.FRT. If you re-install MicroBiz or Upgrade in the future your customizations will be overwritten by the installation and you will then need to re-copy your modified files back in place to continue using your customization.
Customizations can be arranged through our sales department at 702-749-5353.
There are two setup screens in MicroBiz where you can choose your invoice type.
- Hardware Settings –Management | Custom System Settings | Hardware and Printer Settings | Printers tab.
- This setup window allows you to configure your printers and select the invoice types (see Figure 15-3 below).
- Print Settings –Management | Custom System Settings | Print Settings | Invoice tab
- This setup window allows you to configure the majority of your invoice settings and, of course, select the main invoice type desired (see Figure 15-1 above).
To select an invoice type from Hardware Settings
To select an invoice type from Print Settings
- From the Main Menu, choose Management | Custom System Settings | Print Settings.
- Click on the Browse Invoice Type button in the upper-right.
- From the drop-down menu, select the desired invoice type, then click Save.
- You may be notified about potential printing issues with the selected invoice type. If so, click OK to continue.
- Click on the Save button at the bottom of the screen to finalize the configuration.