MicroBiz allows you to keep a "House Account" for each customer, which means that customers can charge transactions to this account and MicroBiz will track their balance due. You can limit the amount customers can charge and even calculate finance charges if desired.
To charge an invoice to a House Account:
- Open the Front Register.
- Load a customer.
- Load the desired items.
- Choose F9-Print to get to the Tender screen.
- For the tender type, choose "6 – Chg to Account" (charge to account), then click OK.
- The transaction should be complete and the total should be added to the customer's balance due.
It is highly recommended that you DO NOT use the "Charge to Account" option for any refund/voids. Doing so can throw off your customer's house account!
- Instead, it is recommended to use the "Store Credit" option for issuing credit.
- If you wish to apply a return to a customer's balance due, it is recommended that you select a return tender other than "Charge to Account" and then use that tender to post a payment at the Front Register.
You can check a customer's current balance due (and set other restrictions) from the Edit a Customer window. There are a couple ways to get there...