In order for this feature to be activated, you must ensure that "Check Vendor Inventory at Start Up" is checked under Management | Custom System Settings | Transaction Settings.
The Inventory Level Control feature is one of many ways you can track inventory levels and create purchase orders. The settings on this tab are used to configure a system that helps automate your purchase orders by calculating the quantities to order and notifying your vendors for you.
- Email Address – Enter the vendor's email address here.
- CC: Email Address – Enter a "Carbon Copy" email address here.
- Automatically e-mail vendor about items below reorder level?
- With this option enabled, MicroBiz will compose a new email message in your default Windows email client.
- This is done in addition to printing the Vendor Target Inventory Report, and it is essentially an electronic copy of the same report.
- Last Report –Displays the date that this report was most recently used.
- This helps prevent duplicate reports from being generated.
- Note that MicroBiz will only prevent the report from being generated if the the current date is listed under the "Last Report" field.
- Check inventory levels for this vendor's items at start up?
- This is basically the "Enable" option for this feature, per vendor.
- Check this box if you want to use this feature for the currently selected vendor, or uncheck it if you want to disable the Inventory Level Control.
- Send email in the background?
- This tells MicroBiz to e-mail the report to your vendor without prompting the user to fill in the email address or clicking send.
- This feature is currently under development.
- Target Maximum Inventory Value – The maximum value of stock you would like on hand from this vendor.
- Days of the week to check – Select which days of the week you would like MicroBiz to check inventory items from this vendor.
- Test Print Inventory Level Report – Click here to get a report instantly.
- This is mainly used for testing purposes, as you can access this report any time by clicking on Reports | Inventory Reports | Vendor Target Inventory.