A Price Scheme is a more advanced way to set up promotions within MicroBiz. Price Schemes can be made to apply to several items at once, and provide more options than the basic promos feature.
To view, add or edit all available Price Schemes:
- Open the Product Lookup window by clicking on Inventory, Add/Edit Inventory.
- The Product Lookup window is also available at the Front Register by choosing F3.
- Select an item that you would like to add or remove from a Price Scheme.
- If you aren't planning on adding/removing an item then skip this step, as you can deny adding/removing selected items from the Price Scheme.
- From the "Select Other Function" menu at the bottom, choose option 1 to assign the selected item to a Price Scheme or option 2 to remove the item from a Price Scheme.
- You can also access Price Schemes from the Promos tab if you click Edit to access the Product edit window.
- All Price Schemes should now be displayed in a window. You have several options from here, including:
- Code – Click here to sort all Price Schemes by their "Code" (name).
- Desc – Click here to sort all Price Schemes by their description.
- Look – This opens the search window for finding a specific Price Scheme.
- Wild – This opens the wildcard search window (this search window allows you to enter partial names).
- Add – Create a new Price Scheme.
- Edit – Edit the currently selected Price Scheme.
- Remove – Delete the currently selected Price Scheme.
- Quit – Close the Price Scheme window.
- Members – Click here to display all items associated with the selected Price Scheme.
- Clear Search Criteria – This button is only displayed after you use the Look or Wild features. Click here to display all Price Schemes.
- Click on a Price Scheme to select it, then click on Edit to modify the Price Scheme.
- Go through the next section for details on each option when adding or editing Price Schemes.
**Alternatively you can view all of the price schemes by opening the pricing tab within Management | Custom System Settings | Transaction settings.