When generating most reports you will be presented with the "Select Destination" window (see Figure 12-2). This feature allows you to specify the way that you view and/or save the report. It contains the following options:
- Printer –Choosing this option will send the report directly to the Report Printer, as specified under Management, Customize, Hardware Settings, Printers.
- If the report to be printed is more than one page long, you will have the option to print all pages or a page range of your choosing.
- Screen –Instead of printing the report directly, you will be shown a "Print Preview" of the report.
- You can print the report from the preview window, if desired.
- File –You can choose this option to save the report to a file.
- The filename is specified in the text box directly beneath the "File" button.
- Your report will be saved in the local files directory (commonly C:\BizWin).
- Printer Setup –Allows you to change the printer for the currently selected report.
- Changing the printer this way will not affect your Report Printer setting in MicroBiz.
- Detail/Summary –Some reports will have two versions: a "Detail" and a "Summary."
- The Summary Report will typically only give you totaled (as opposed to itemized) figures.
- E-Mail Copy – With this option enabled, MicroBiz will create a copy of the report as an attachment to an outgoing e-mail.
- Go – Generates the report with the selected settings.
- Close – Cancels the report and closes this window.
There are two different tax reports available under the Management, Tax Reports: "Tax Exempt" and "Tax Area."
There are many different sales reports available to from Reports, Sales; each with their own methods of gathering and grouping the data. The various reports include:
The order in which the report samples are presented below has been changed to optimize the image sizes for this guide.
Sales Report Samples
The next section will go over the information available in each report, and give you image samples. Wherever possible, the Detail reports (as opposed to Summary) were used.
Department Sales Report
Style Sales Report
Sales Summary Report
Item Sales Report
Sales Journal Report
Vendor Sales Report
The Product Movement Report gives you data on each SKU received within a given date range. See Figures 11-x below for a sample report.
- All Items/In Stock Options –Choose one of these options for the products in which you want information.
- All Items Ordered – All items within the date range will be selected.
- ...Greater Than Normal Level – All items in stock with more than the "Normal Stock" value (found in the Stock tab when editing an inventory item).
- ...Greater Than Minimum Level – All items in stock with more than the "Reorder Level" value (found in the Stock tab when editing an inventory item).
- ...Greater Than Average Month – All items in stock with more than the monthly average value (calculated for you).
- Earliest/Latest P. O. Date – Allows you to set a date range when searching for Purchase Orders.
- Vendor Code Matches – Allows you to search for a single vendor at a time.
- Generate Report – Creates the report based on your settings.
- Exit – Closes the Product Movement Report window.
This report will show you your inventory levels as they stood for any given date range.
Report listing items that may require assembly, used in conjunction with the Bike Shop module.
Gives cost of goods details for a single SKU.
Cost of Goods Display
Gives you a concise display of the retail value and cost of your current inventory on hand.
Slow Moving Products
This report will assist you with finding out which products sold the least within a given date range, based on many customizable settings.
- Show the slowest –Defines the number of items reported on.
- Choose "% of" and enter a percentage, or choose "Number of" and enter the exact number of items you are looking for.
- Products based on – Allows you to search by quantity or revenue based on sales.
- Between – Defines the date range for which you will be searching.
- Include products...not sold – Allows you to include unsold items in your report.
- Include returns – If disabled, returns will not be considered when calculating sales figures for this report.
- Only include... – Allows you to set filters to restrict search results.
- OK – Click here to generate the report based on your settings.
- Cancel – Click here to close the Slow Moving Products Report window.
MicroBiz provides you with several graphical reports under this menu.
- Sales by Department – Compares sales by department for a given date range.
- Quarter-to-Date Sales – Creates bar graph displaying sales/margins by department.
- Sales/Profits by Employee – Compares sales/profits by employee for a given date range.
- Sales/Margins by Month – Graphs sales and margins by month for a given date range.
- Last 12 Months Sales – Displays sales and margins by month for the last 12 months.
- Sales/Profits by Source – Creates a two-form report in spreadsheet form displaying sales and profit by source (how heard).
- New Sales Graphs – Opens the graphical report viewer, which can be customized to quickly view and customize several different sales graphs.