Depending on how you will count your inventory on-hand, the on-hand quantity field should be left blank until you are ready to use the system for ringing point-of-sale transactions. At that time a physical inventory count is taken and the on-hand quantities are added to the inventory record.
Enter on-hand quantities by following the procedure for editing or receiving items. To use the "Edit Item" method, see "Edit Inventory Items". To use the "Receive Items" method, see "Receive Miscellaneous." Receive the total quantity on-hand as if it were an order that was just received.
- Back up your system at regular intervals while you are entering new records.
- New items can be added to the computer during the receiving procedure.
The Basics of Adding an Item
- Select Add/Edit Inventory from the Inventory Menu.
- The Product Lookup window will appear.
- When adding many new records, run a Clean and Pack often to maintain maximum data efficiency.
- Click on Add to add an inventory item.
- The Product screen will appear.
- Scan the bar code label on the item to be entered or type the SKU.
- Enter the remaining information for the item in the appropriate fields.
- To correct a mistake, click on the tab and highlight the field you wish to change.
- Type the new information. At any time you may void your changes by clicking Cancel.
- To save your changes, click on Update.
Adding a Serial item
- Create a new item and set the type as Serial.
- After all information has been entered, click on Edit Unsold.
- The serial numbers browse window will appear.
- Click on Add to enter new items or edit existing items.
- Enter serial number receive date and cost (if applicable).
- The information will automatically be updated when the item is sold.
Adding a Matrix item
- After entering the SKU, select the item type as Matrix.
- Once you click on Update to save this item, you will return to the Product Lookup window with your new inventory item highlighted.
- A matrix button is now added to the lower right position.
- Click on Matrix to add the matrix data.
- Click on Row to label your rows, the first will now be highlighted.
- Type in a header and press enter to advance to the next line.
- Continue until done.
- Click Save.
- Use the same procedure for setting up columns.
Adding a Custom item
- After all the information is entered and Custom is selected for the item Type, the Components browse window will appear.
- Follow the instructions for adding a Kit item, typing in the type field.
- When the Custom item is loaded to the Work Screen, all kit components, as well as any serialized items, will appear at the Work Screen and print on invoices.
Adding a Kit item
- After entering the SKU, select "Kit" as the Type.
- After entering all information, click on Update and you will return to the Product Lookup window with your new inventory item highlighted.
- A Kit button is now added to the lower right position.
- Click on Kit to add the Kit items/components.
- A dialog box will appear requesting if you want to "Add/Edit Kit Components Now." Click on Yes and a window will appear stating that "This Kit does not have any components yet."
- Click OK and the window to add Kit components will appear.
- Click on Add.
- On the inventory list, find the product to be included in your list and press enter.
- A window will appear with item information waiting for a response to the quantity of this item to be included in the Kit.
- Click Save.
- Select Additional Items until the Kit is complete.
- After entering the last item click on Done and then click on Quit.
- A window will appear displaying all Kit components. Click on Save to end.