Vendors, or companies that supply your inventory items, can be managed with MicroBiz to assist you with tracking and ordering for your business.
The Vendor List window is a quick place to view, add, edit or delete vendor data within MicroBiz.
The information stored for each vendor can be found by clicking on add (to create a new vendor) or edit. There are three tabs that contain different settings...
Vendor Info tab
- Vendor ID –A short codename for each vendor
- Any combination of letters and numbers.
- This must be the same Vendor ID that was used in the Inventory record.
- The Vendor ID field is a maximum 6 positions in length.
- Company Name – Full company name (similar to Description).
- Phone – Phone number of the vendor.
- Address – The street address for this vendor.
- City & State – More address information.
- Zip/Postal Code – More address information.
- Contact – Enter the salesperson or other contact name here.
- E-mail Address – More contact information.
- Web/URL Address – Enter the vendor's website address here.
Miscellaneous Info tab
- Terms – Shipping terms or other vendor policies.
- Ship via – More shipping terms information.
- Free On Board (F.O.B.) -Enter the FOB terms here.
- This term is technically used for water transit, but has been used for other shipping methods as well.
- FOB designates responsibility of the shipment.
- Fax – More contact information.
- Average Lead Time –Enter the average time it takes to get a shipment from this vendor here.
- This data will be used to calculate the "date expected" value on items.
- Our Account Number – Enter your identifier with the vendor, if applicable.
Inventory Level Control tab
In order for this feature to be activated, you must ensure that "Check Vendor Inventory at Start Up" is checked under Management, Customize, Transaction Settings.
The Inventory Level Control feature is one of many ways you can track inventory levels and create purchase orders. The settings on this tab are used to configure a system that helps automate your purchase orders by calculating the quantities to order and notifying your vendors for you.
- E-mail Address – Enter the vendor's e-mail address here.
- CC: E-mail Address – Enter a "Carbon Copy" e-mail address here.
- Automatically e-mail vendor about items below reorder level?
- With this option enabled, MicroBiz will compose a new e-mail message in your default Windows e-mail client.
- This is done in addition to printing the Vendor Target Inventory Report, and it is essentially an electronic copy of the same report.
- Last Report –Displays the date that this report was most recently used.
- This helps prevent duplicate reports from being generated.
- Note that MicroBiz will only prevent the report from being generated if the the current date is listed under the "Last Report" field.
- Check inventory levels for this vendor's items at start up?
- This is basically the "Enable" option for this feature, per vendor.
- Check this box if you want to use this feature for the currently selected vendor, or uncheck it if you want to disable the Inventory Level Control.
- Send e-mail in the background?
- This tells MicroBiz to e-mail the report to your vendor without prompting the user to fill in the e-mail address or clicking send.
- This feature is currently under development.
- Target Maximum Inventory Value – The maximum value of stock you would like on hand from this vendor.
- Days of the week to check – Select which days of the week you would like MicroBiz to check inventory items from this vendor.
- Test Print Inventory Level Report –Click here to get a report instantly.
- This is mainly used for testing purposes, as you can access this report any time by clicking on Reports, Vendor Target Inventory.