This section will provide a walkthrough for a fresh installation of MicroBiz. The walkthrough will cover installing the most commonly used module, “Standard Retail Business.” If installing a different module, just choose the desired option from the installation menu.
Each installation type has the four options shown below:
Single User / Standalone should be used for a single instance of the MicroBiz System
Sub Station - Client Installation is used for multiple PC setups for all but one of the computers (you still need one, the “server,” to be installed as Central Station - Server Installation).
Central Station - Server Installation is used for your main PC where your data will reside. All sub station computers look to this for its Business Data.
Demo Installation is used when you are only installing MicroBiz as a Demo on one station. Each Sub Station would still require the installation of the Sub Station - Client Installation.
- Launch the MicroBiz installer by running the setup file that was downloaded from http://demo.microbiz.com. Click Run on the Windows security screen.
- Click Yes for brand new installation.
- Click Next on the on the "Install for MicroBiz for Windows" Screen.
- Choose the desired installation type from the list. This walkthrough is covering option 1 for a standard retail business. Click the Next button to continue.
- Select the installation role from the list. Select the Demo Installation if you are installing here to only Demo the product. Otherwise, choose the PC you wish to act as your server, and choose Central Station - Server Installation if you are going to install this on more than one station and Sub Station - Client Installation for all other computers you are installing MicroBiz on. For systems that will only have MicroBiz installed on one PC, select Single User / Standalone.
- Select the drive and directory where you would like to install the local files for MicroBiz. Leave this at the default directory if you do not need it in a specific hard drive or directory. Click Next to continue.
- Select the drive and directory where you would like to install your system files for MicroBiz. Also leave this drive and directory to the default if you do not need it in a specific drive. Click Next to continue. **You will not see this page with a Sub Station - Client Installation.
- Read through and accept the agreement. Click Next to continue.
- The next two screens can be left at the default settings. Click Next to continue on each screen.
- Check over the settings and make sure everything is correct before clicking Install to continue. The install process will start after clicking Install.
- Click Finish to launch MicroBiz.
- The system will prepare your data files for the first time with a “Reindex/Clean & Pack” routine. Once complete, click OK to continue.
- You will most likely have to install the Keyblock driver at this point. If a message such as the one below appears, click on the Yes button. If not, proceed to step 15.
- Without the use of a Keyblock, the system will only be accessible in “Demo mode” (if accessible at all).
- Once the Sentinel Protection Installer has loaded, click on the Next button to continue.
- You must agree to the License Agreement to proceed. When ready, click on “I accept...” and then the Next button to continue.
- Choose “Complete” and click on the Next button.
- Click on the Install button.
- If firewall software is detected, you may be prompted with the screen shown below. It is recommended that you choose Yes here.
- Once the Keyblock driver installation is complete, click on the Finish button to proceed.
- If prompted with the message about your driver installation after clicking Finish, choose OK.
- MicroBiz should now be opened for the first time, and your Keyblock data should be displayed. Click on OK to start using MicroBiz!
- The Setup Wizard will now be displayed. You can use this to assist you with configuring MicroBiz, or see the group of articles on Installing and Configuring MicroBiz.